Carolina Gold Nuggets Microwave Pork Puffies Bake-N-Puffs, Original, 16 Ounce

$16.95

28 in stock

Compare
SKU: 4Q-YAOQ-LGL0 Category:

Description

Our microwave pork rinds are produced in North Carolina. The best way to learn how to cook them is to put 1/4 cup on a paper plate or paper towel and set the microwave for 2 minutes on high. 1/4 cup of microwave pork rinds will make approximately 2 cups of puffed pork rinds when cooked. Watch them cook thru the window and stop the microwave when they quite puffing. This will be the optimum cooking time for your unit. Let them cool for 30 seconds to increase the crunchy texture before eating. Microwave Pork Rinds are safe to store at room temperature (do not refrigerate or freeze) and remain favorable for 12 months. If your microwave does not cook them correctly, no problem. Just spread as many as you want on a cookie sheet and puff them in your over. Cook at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes (preheated). Keep an eye on the first batch since they may cook faster or slower in your oven. What are microwave pork rinds? Microwave pork rinds are pork skins that have been cooked to remove 70% of the fat in the product. The cooking process results in a shelf stable product that has a shelf life of 12 months. The remaining 30% of the fat is sufficient to allow them to be cooked or puffed in a microwave or in the oven. The resulting microwave pork rind is a healthier (less saturated fat) alternative to the puffed bagged pork rinds. Microwave pork rinds still have fat, why isn’t that bad for you? One problem is that we tend to associate all fats as bad and think of them in degrees of badness. The fact is your body requires fats in your diet as a source of energy and to allow the absorption of certain vitamins and nutrients. The primary fat in microwave pork rinds is monounsaturated fatty acid and is the same type of good fat found in olive oil.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Carolina Gold Nuggets Microwave Pork Puffies Bake-N-Puffs, Original, 16 Ounce”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *